Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index 2 (FLIPI2) Calculator
Prognostic score for untreated follicular lymphoma
Applies at the time of first treatment.
1. Sum the number of risk factors to calculate FLIPI-2 score
2. Determine risk category and prognosis
|FLIPI-2 score||FLIPI-2 risk category||5 year PFS (%)1||5 year PFS (%)2|
|1 - 2||Intermediate risk||51||49|
|3 - 5||High risk||19||37|
The Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index-2 (FLIPI2) derives from a multivariate analysis of survival of 832 patients receiving first treatment for follicular lymphoma between 2003 and 2005, followed-up for a median of 38 months.1 The model was validated in an external cohort of 231 patients. Patients received a range of treatments, the majority (59%) including rituximab. The FLIPI2 has been validated in patients treated uniformly with R-CHOP chemotherapy.2
Unlike the original FLIPI,3 which measures survival from diagnosis, the FLIPI2 is applied at the time of treatment for follicular lymphoma. Other differences are that the FLIPI2 was developed in the era of chemoimmunotherapy with rituximab, and that a more complete dataset, including beta 2 microglobulin levels, was available to the FLIPI2 investigators.
FLIPI: follicular lymphoma international prognostic index
LDH: lactate dehydrogenase
OS: overall survival
- Federico M, Bellei M, Marcheselli L, Luminari S, Lopez-Guillermo A, Vitolo U et al. Follicular lymphoma international prognostic index 2: a new prognostic index for follicular lymphoma developed by the international follicular lymphoma prognostic factor project. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27: 4555-62.
- Numata A, Tomita N, Fujimaki K, Tanaka M, Hashimoto C, Oshima R et al. Retrospective study of the utility of FLIPI/FLIPI-2 for follicular lymphoma patients treated with R-CHOP. J Clin Exp Hematop. 2012; 52: 77-9.
- Solal-Céligny P, Roy P, Colombat P, White J, Armitage JO, Arranz-Saez R et al. Follicular lymphoma international prognostic index. Blood 2004; 104: 1258-1265